It’s beginning again.
That time of year when I cannot be bothered to wear a lot of makeup. Only because I cringe at the thought of putting in all the effort to look polished and professional, only to watch it melt off my face moments later.
I’m that girl with THAT skin.
You know, the skin that – no matter the primer, no matter the formulation – doesn’t hold on to makeup in hot, sweaty, humid heat.
So I forego all that.
During the summer months, you can find me wearing whatever concealer remains on my face, some powder to set whatever will stay on my face, maybe some eyeliner, and then the only thing that might make you think I am actually a makeup artist: lipstick.
To prepare for summer, I’ve dedicated a small makeup case to sit in my purse filled with lipstick colours.
1. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Pop Life: It’s a true red, with a soft matte finish. I adore these pencils because they glide on easily but stay put. Plus, I like my reds matte like crayon rather than glossy.
2. YSL Rouge Pur Glossy Stain: I have a few of these and I really like the finish and longlasting wear. These will be worn on the days that are more casual and laid back … and when I don’t want my lips to enter the room before I do!
3. NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage: Simply because its a bright summer fun pink … that is all.
4. Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm: Even in the summer my lips will chap, so this is the perfect choice for when my lips aren’t in the best condition to wear something matte. They actually do a great job of moisturizing the lips …
5. Tom Ford Private Blend Lipstick: Again, I have quite a few of these in various colours but have placed my Wild Ginger and Violet Fatale in my little lip kit. The feel is luxurious, and these have a little more sheen than my NARS colours.
What are your summer lipsticks?